- The group 1 element also known as alkali metals, consists of lithium(Li), sodium(Na), potassium(K), rubidium(Rb), Caesium(Cs), and francium (Fr).
- All elements in group 1 consists of one valance electron in the outer most shell. Therefore exhibit the same chemical properties but in different re-activity.
- The physical properties of alkali metals:
(1) Exists in solid from at room temperature.
(2) Grey in color with shinning surface.
(3) Conductor electric and heat
(4) High melting and boiling point.
(5) Soft metal and can be easy cut.
(6) Low density and can float on the surface of water.